Two of my very good blogger girlfriends have passed awards on to me, and I’ve been too crazy or too busy or too sleepy to acknowledge. From Toni at Lady Barefoot Baroness, I have been awarded the Creative Chaos Award; and from Eldy at Loving Life: A Green Journey, The Genuine Blogger Award, The Reader Appreciation Award, and The Sunshine Award. I’d like to thank you both for these awards, and to say that to receive them from either of you is a real honor.
All of the Awards have some requirements to fulfill. I am going to take some of each, and blend them together.
Thank you, Toni. Thank you, Eldy. I am so glad each of you is part of my Blogiverse!
Here are the series of questions with my answers that came with the receiving of these awards:
- Favorite color: Right now, green, as in grass and new leaves and spring!
- Favorite Animal: in the world, hippos; for a pet, cats.
- Favorite number: ∞ I can’t make this bigger, for some reason. Infinity is not necessarily a number, anyway, but I love it, so here it is.
- Favorite Non-alcoholic drink: Plain Iced Tea
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, (but not often)
- My Passion: Writing
- Getting or Giving Presents: Both — does that make me shallow? If it does, I guess I’m shallow!
- Favorite Pattern: Greek squared border
- Favorite Day of the Week: Saturday
- Favorite Flower: Gerbera Daisy
And from the other blog, three tasks:
First Task: Three weird things I do:
- I read two books at a time, always.
- I don’t own any button-waisted pants, because my waist is the same size around as the rest of me.
- When I wake, if I’ve been dreaming, I believe for a little while that the dream is still happening. For instance, if I dream I have family members in the living room, when I wake, I will dress completely before I set foot out of the bedroom. Very weird!
Second Task: You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” scenario and ask “what? No coffee?”
I only got familiar with Glass Half Full as a philosophy in the last two or three years, with many thanks to my friend who taught me. My glass was half-empty for most of my life — I didn’t believe that anything would ever work out my way. Now, I believe that things will work out my way most of the time, as long as I stay out-of-the-way, and let the Universe work as it should. And as for, “what, no coffee?” I didn’t drink coffee for years and years, and only started recently. I never drink a cup of coffee to the bottom, so it’s usually half-full anyway.
Third Task: You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cellphone service, no Wal-Mart, and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your under pants and why?
My underpants are white granny-panties, because that is what I always wear. The candy bar is more of a worry to me — do I have my glucose meter? My pump? My pump is attached to my white granny-panties right now, so I hope it will be then, as well. All this, unless I am anticipating having sex, (I’m not worried, though — it has been a very long time!) In that case, I’d be wearing something silk, either black or red, very lacy, and hi-cut on my thigh, but I’d have my white granny-panties in my purse for after. Hey, you asked!
Lastly, I am to award other blogs. Toni has awarded five, and Eldy has awarded a lot more than five. I’m going to go with five, because I am
lazy particular . In reality, all of my readers deserve each of these awards. But, for now:
For The Creative Chaos Award:
- COALESCENCE — http://acoalescence.wordpress.com/
- Notes from a She-Hermit — http://dottyheadbanger.wordpress.com/
For the Reader Appreciation Award:
- LadyBarefootBaroness — http.tonij.wordpress.com
For the Genuine Blogger Award:
- Boxed in Manila — http://boxedinmanila.wordpress.com/
And for the Sunshine Award:
- Julia’s Place — http://jfb57.wordpress.com/