Last week, I learned that:
- I am very lucky I came to understand my mother now, before I missed out on the fun we have when we’re together.
- I could submit an opinion piece to a major newspaper, without worrying about whether or not it will be published there.
- I am no longer satisfied to take a day or two of just sitting around, watching TV and reading a book; also, that doing so results in a very sore back, which is unimproved by painkillers.
- I have the fortitude to recognize and change behaviors to which I’ve become accustomed, in favor of healthier, more beneficial choices.
- Taking time off from writing really replenishes my muse.
- I am no longer worried about having a certain number of readers — quality, rather than quantity, is certainly the goal, and I love my interactions with you.
- I can slide off the sad end of my balance, and find myself depressed and acting so without even realizing it is happening.
- I can also recognize this kind of mood change, and nip it in the bud.
This has been a week of introspection, much-needed but also unsettling. But isn’t that the way life goes?